Based in San Francisco, Ben Actis is currently an offensive security engineer at Facebook by day and at night moonlights as the owner of Cyber Merchants of Death. He specializing in Mobile & IoT Security, as well as reverse engineering. Prior to to his current roles, Ben worked a combined 8 years at Synack, Lookout and MITRE in various roles with focuses on research & response, mobile reverse engineering and network analytics – most famous for his primary research surrounding shedun/humming bad and xcode ghost. Ben has also taught introductory college courses, such as “Intro to x86-64” and “Flow Analysis & Network Hunting” – both available on opensecuritytraining.info. When not reversing or participating in bug bounty programs, you’ll find Ben searching for Pokemon, taking Krav Maga, and trolling on Twitter and Slack channels.
- Bsides Nashville 2017: How to learn reverse engineering, kick ass at bug bounties, and being a bad ass SOC analyst. Slides Video
- Bsides Baltimore 2017: An IoT Pressure Cooker, What Could go Wrong!? Slides Video
- Bsides Austin 2017 Slides
- Bugcrowd Level Up Conference Breaking Mobile App Protections Slides Video
- Bugcrowd Level Up Conference Advanced Android Bug Bounty Skills Slides Video
- Bsides Vegas 2017 Pwn All The Pr0n Apps Slides